The Department of Mechatronic Engineering at NTNU invites applications for one faculty position (assistant, associate or full professor). Appointments are to commence on Feb. 1st, 2024. Applications are welcome from individuals with research experience in areas relating to mechanical engineering. NTNU is one of the most prestigious universities in Taiwan and is allied with National Taiwan University (NTU) and National Taiwan University of Science and Technology (NTUST). NTNU has been established for more than 100 years and has a student population of 15,112 (as of 2023). The Department of Mechatronic Engineering is located at the NTNU campus on Heping East Road, in the center of Taipei, currently it has 14 full-time faculty members, offering a full range of both undergraduate and graduate programs. The Department currently has 70 graduate students and 250 undergraduate students.
- University graduates must have a professional background in the department of mechanical or mechatronic engineering.
- A PhD degree from a domestic or foreign university (or a PhD degree that can be obtained within six months).
- Preference will be given to the following areas:
(1). Intelligent Automation Control Systems
(2). Opto-Mechatronic System
(3). Actuators and Sensors Technology
(4). Micro/Nano Electro-Mechanical System.
- Title: Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Mechatronic Engineering, NTNU.
- Vacancy: One open position
- Minimum Qualifications: Candidates must have a PhD in Mechanical Engineering or the field of Mechatronic Engineering from an accredited university.
- Preferred Qualifications: Evidence of strong potential for developing and sustaining a multi-disciplinary research program.
- Candidates should have demonstrated competency in teaching. Research and teaching experience in the areas of Intelligent Machines and Systems and Control are desirable.
- Responsibilities: Establish an outstanding research program. Attract external funding. Supervise students in their research projects. Teach courses at the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Obligation: It is the school’s policy that new teachers must teach at least one EMI (English as a Medium of Instruction) course per year.
- Application Documents:
(1) Biographical data. Please fill in the application forms (downloadable from https://www.me.ntnu.edu.tw/index.php/en/2023/04/18/1120418-2/) and send all materials to Ms. Lin by email: email@example.com. Phone: +886-2-77493502.
(2) Copy of certificate of degree and academic transcripts.
(3) At least two reference letters with name and contact information.
(4) List of publications within the last five years.
(5) Research achievements within the last five years.
(6) List of courses with syllabus that the candidate can teach.
(7) Outlines of research plans and significant achievements.
(8) Curriculum Vitae, including all published or accepted publications and research grants as P.I. or co-P.I.
(9) Addition evidence related to teaching/research (ex. awards, patents, …, etc.).
(1)All application documents should be bound accordingly and sent to the Department of Mechatronic Engineering, National Taiwan Normal University, No.162, Sec.1, Heping East. Rd., Taipei 106, Taiwan. Please specify your research areas and position title (Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor).
(2)Electronic documents: Please fill in the application forms (downloaded from https://www.me.ntnu.edu.tw/index.php/en/2023/04/18/1120418-2/) and send all materials to Ms. Lin by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone: +886-2-77493502.
(3)Application deadline: August 30, 2023.
10.Employment Term: Feb. 1, 2024.
- Eligible successful applicants will be assisted in the application of a bonus award offered by the National Science and Technology Council, Taiwan. The applicants are encouraged to apply for the NSC young talent cultivation projects, e.g., Einstein or Columbus project and preference will be given to those applicants who already attained those projects.
- The positions will follow the faculty quota restrictions of National Taiwan Normal University.
- Appointments of full-time associate professors, assistant professors and lecturers made on or after February 1, 2009 shall be extended for one year when the new appointees are unable to get promoted within the 6-year timeline. In the event that said appointees are still unable to get promoted after such an extension, their appointments shall not be renewed.
Qualification requirements for newly-employed full-time faculty members of each College of NTNU are listed as follows:
College of Technology and Engineering:
All newly employed full-time faculty members (novice teachers with a doctorate degree excluded) should meet one of the following requirements:
- Within the last three years, he/she has two academic papers published in journals indexed in SCI, SCOPUS, etc., as the first or corresponding author.
- Within the last three years, he/she has served as the principal investigator (rather than as a Co-PI) of at least two research projects funded by the National Science and Technology Council.
- On average, he/she has earned one invention patent in Taiwan or abroad or won one international competition prize every year for the last three years.
- Within the last three years, he/she has served as the principal investigator (rather than as a Co-PI) of at least one technology development program for academia, industrial technology development project or industry-academia collaboration project with concrete results achieved for review.
- The aforementioned journal articles and research projects funded by the National Science and Technology Council may offset one another in the application process.